Experience Success = Build Aspiration
We want our school to be a safe and happy place where children and adults enjoy learning. Our school community will promote and exemplify the core values of:
Honesty, Respect for Others, Adherence to Rules, Patience, and Tolerance.
- We will care for each other and those beyond our school, especially those less fortunate than ourselves.
- We will look after our environment and learn how to care for the wider world.
- We want everyone in our school to enjoy their work, have opportunities to celebrate and experience success, develop skills, and build self-confidence.
- We want the children to make good progress along a carefully structured curriculum. We will remain aware of their abilities by monitoring learning and planning our teaching carefully and consistently.
- We want to maintain a high-quality, stimulating environment for learning that fully utilises current technology.
- We aim to keep all learners aware of their progress. Everyone, regardless of their ability, needs to know that they are moving forward.
- We will encourage children and adults to accept challenges and help them to persevere with difficult tasks, learn from their mistakes, and take pride in their achievements.
- As we are not a faith school, we will not promote a belief in the supernatural beyond the suspension of disbelief as part of storytelling and theatre. However, in line with British values, we will teach an understanding and respect for the beliefs of others.
- We believe that children will benefit from parents and the school working together and openly sharing aims, achievements, and concerns. We aim to involve parents in their children’s school work and keep them informed about their child’s progress.
- We want the work of our school to be central to the Bowerhill community. We aim to involve members of the community in our work, publicise our successes locally, and involve ourselves in projects which benefit the local community.