Teacher: Miss Hook
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Hunt (Monday, Thursday & Friday), Mrs Hobday (Tuesday & Wednesday)
This term our learning Challenge is:
Why would a dinosaur not make a good pet?
- We will be learning about dinosaurs, fossils and events that are significant globally (Mary Anning and her discovery of fossils.)
Our questions include:
- How many different types of dinosaurs are there?
- Who was Mary Anning?
- Where did dinosaurs live? How along ago were they alive?
- What did dinosaurs need to survive?
- How did we know that dinosaurs really roamed the earth?
- What can you find out about a particular dinosaur?
- How can we recreate the sound and movements of dinosaurs?
- How can we recreate the world dinosaurs roamed?
As part of this topic we are trying to arrange a visit to Lyme Regis – the home of Mary Anning, more details will follow soon.
Our Year 2 parent meeting is being held at 3:30 on Tuesday 17th September in Wych Elm class. We look forward to seeing you there.