Teacher: Mrs Carol White
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Wendy Carter Mrs. Kayley Butler
French teacher: Madam Burton
Music teacher: Mrs A.Guest
RE teacher: Ms. Adams
Welcome to the new school Year, let’s take a look at what is in store.
During the first part of the autumn term our learning challenge is “Why do people visit the Mediterranean?”‘ We will be finding out where the Mediterranean Sea is. We will be describing the features and locating Mediterranean countries and their capital cities on maps. We will also be explaining how the lives of people living in the Mediterranean may be different to ours. As part of this topic, we will be exploring the kinds of foods eaten in Mediterranean countries – this includes a visit to Pizza Express!
Our questions include:
- Where is the Mediterranean and how do I get there?
- Which countries are in the Mediterranean>
- How big, deep and hot is the Mediterranean>
- Is pollution a problem?
- Are there any sea creatures?
- Are there any endangered sea creatures?
- Would I like it in the Mediterranean?
- What might I not like?
- What is the landscape like?
- What fruits and vegetables are grown in the Mediterranean?
- Why doesn’t everyone speak English and use the same money as the UK?
- What are the villages and cities like?
- What do people do who live there?
Other Useful Information
Swimming lessons are on Monday mornings and Outdoor PE is on Friday afternoons. It will become colder as the term goes on so please make sure that the children have a tracksuit (or similar) and trainers in school for Outdoor PE.
Spelling Tests: Will be on Mondays
Multiplication Tables Tests: Will be on Thursdays
Getting in touch: We have a class email address that is checked daily should you need to get in touch [email protected]
For urgent messages and to report absence please contact the school office.