Welcome to Year 2 2021 - 2022
Chestnut Class Teacher: Miss D. Hook
Wych Elm Class Teacher: Miss J. Goulding
This terms Learning Challenge Questions is:
'Why is the Amazon Rainforest Important?'
We will be learning about the country Brazil, where it is and important landmarks and traditions they have there. We will also be finding out about the different layers of the Rainforest, the different animals and types of plants and what is happening to the rainforest today. In term 4 we will be having a Rio themed carnival day where we will make music instruments and headdresses to reenact our own carnival.
Our questions include:
- Where in the world is Brazil?
- What does Brazil's flag look like?
- What is a Rainforest?
- How tall are the Amazon's rainforest trees?
- Which animals live in the Rainforest?
- Who else lives in the rainforest?
- Which plants grow in the rainforest?
- How is chocolate made?
- What does the carnival celebrate?