In September 2018, Bowerhill Primary School pupils elected a new school council. We meet together every Monday morning from 9:10 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. The school council is made up of two elected pupils from each year group from year 2 to year 6. Our aims are:
- To improve the school by making it a friendlier and happier place.
- To think of ways to tackle any problems that our peers may have.
- To raise money for charity by thinking of fun activities to organise.
- To ensure pupils in our school share their thoughts and feelings with others so we can help.
- To develop good communication between our council meetings and our classes and year groups.
- To promote healthy living through a healthy diet, staying active, and positive mental health.
We are a busy and active school council. Here are some of the things we have been working on and will be working on this year:
- Fundraising events to raise money.
- Planning on how to use the playground more effectively by adding areas for certain activities.
- Raise the awareness of the need for recycling and looking after the environment.
- Encourage pupils in our school to look after our school environment.
- Raise the awareness of the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Plan house time topics to be discussed each week.
We are a friendly group of students and welcome any ideas or issues from our peers. We will do our best to help you!